
It's amazing to me how life gets so busy sometimes! So much has been going on, and while I normally get to work about an hour early on Mondays and Wednesdays, there hasn't been much time to devote to updating my poor little blog!
Things are going really well - I'm still working out on Monday and Wednesday mornings, and I've added a third day - Fridays are my "Power and Peace" class days. I thought it would be more of a struggle to get up and be there at 6 a.m., but two weeks in, it hasn't been so difficult. The real incentive has been the "Peace" part - 30 minutes of yoga. I've never done a yoga class before, just a few dvd workouts and my Yoga for Dummies video, so I'm enjoying this class immensely! We'll have a full hour of yoga this Friday because Sharon's going to be out of town, and I'm excited about it!
The eating clean thing is going rather well. It's tough towards the end of the pay period when you get down to eggs, bread, and peanut butter, but I've figured out how to be creative and stretch those groceries - and make some decent-tasting meals! I made a soup last night that really surprised me - and April said she liked it, so... It's awesome what you can do with a can of crushed tomatoes, an onion, and some garlic, haha!
I've signed up to do the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day with the Fleming Clan in Houston! KK and I are going to walk/jog the 5K while the rest of the hardcore athletes knock out the 10K. I'm really excited about it and have started my "training" sessions with my favorite running buddy - Sabrah!
It's been 7 weeks since I decided to kick my butt into shape, so I've re-measured and weighed and all that torturous stuff. Here are my losses to date:
I have lost:
1" from my calves
.5" from my thigh (but have increased the muscle substantially from all the lunges we do!)
3.5" from my hips
1" from my bicep
1" from my forearm
-AND-
6" - that's SIX INCHES from my waist!!!!!
Weight-wise, I'm almost 11 lbs down. Everything is starting to tone up and smooth down, I can feel muscles where I couldn't really feel them before, and Sharon says she is starting to see some definition in my arms. I'm feeling sooo good!




No comments:
Post a Comment