I thought I'd have some time to come back and actually compose a nice, long, detailed blog, but all I've had time for in the past week has been short little Twitter updates! It's been busy!! I'm so excited; Julie and Kate will be here on Friday for the weekend. And then I'm flying to GA next weekend to visit them! Kate doesn't know that I'm coming, so it's going to be so much fun surprising her when we pick her up from school. :)
We went to a show in Shreveport last weekend - and it was pretty rough. Audrey (my boss) caught a nasty stomach virus on Thursday, so she couldn't do much of anything on Friday. Ashley (our other employee) and I loaded the trailer and Audrey and I took off about 3 pm. We made it to the showgrounds about 8 and dropped the trailer off, went for some dinner, and checked ourselves into our beds at the hotel! It was soooo hot and humid on Saturday, and I did the bulk of the work since the boss was still feeling pretty yucky. Unloading the racks/bins/stuff from the trailer, setting up the tents, hammering stakes into the rock hard ground... By 3 pm, we were completely exhausted! We packed it up and went to the hotel and got showers and naps. By seven or so, we were feeling human again, so we went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant - Posado's. Yummy. I had decided that Saturday would be my official "cheat night" and I was so excited about ordering a nice, greasy, deep fried chimichanga. The waitress came over and Audrey ordered, and I placed mine. We chatted for a while, and were happy to see our food come out so quickly! The waitress put my plate in front of me, and what was on it did not resemble chimichangas at all!! I looked at Audrey and asked, "did I order chimichangas?? Or did I say Chalupas??" She laughed and said "you said chalupas!" And they were fabulous - and not nearly as much of a cheat as I'd planned! Haha!
Packing up at the end of the show on Sunday was pretty strenuous, and I wore myself out, but what I noticed was that I wasn't nearly as exhausted as usual, and recovered much more quickly than before. All this hard work seems to be paying off!
I missed my training session on Monday morning. We didn't get home from Shreveport until Midnight, and I was sooo tired. Sharon understood, and I slept in, and then went to Mom's for KK's birthday party/Labor Day extravaganza! It was fun!! We grilled kabobs, goofed off, and watched some great episodes of Ghost Hunters!
Tuesday was okay, we unloaded the trailer and scrambled to get all the orders from over the weekend processed. I was planning to go watch Sarah ride Tokio since I couldn't afford to take a lesson this week, but traffic was insane on the way home! Apparently, power went out in parts of College Station, and traffic lights were being 4-way stops, and there was also a pretty bad wreck in the general vicinity. It took me 2 hours to get home from Hearne! (Usually a 30 minute drive!) I stayed home, cooked myself a little dinner, and spent some quality time with my couch, my dogs, and my tv!
My workout this morning was really great! I noticed while I was warming up on the elliptical that I was going faster than usual! And talking while going!! Sharon was excited about that as well. We worked hard in the 30 minutes - upper body, lower body, and lots of core-strengthening. I'm starting to enjoy the work now that it doesn't make me nauseous, haha!
I started keeping track of my food intake, weight, body measurements, and lots of other details on a website called fitday.com. It's fantastic! I highly recommend it. It gives you really cool pie charts (no, not baked goods - graphs and stuff), and just really is a great tool for monitoring your progress. I took measurements today and found that I've lost an inch from my waist and almost 2 inches from my hips!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is now time to go home. I'm soo hungry, and I have a new book with yummy recipes thanks to Sharon, so I'm going to see what I can concoct tonight. And then I'm going to sit down and watch So You Think You Can Dance. :)
A cool quote from my desk calendar:
"We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves." -Lynn Hall
Our Blog Is Moving
14 years ago




Yay!!! I'm so proud of the progress you have made already! That's awesome! One of these days we will have to spend some time together and go walking/jogging or something!! I miss you friend!
ReplyDelete