Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tangible Motivation




Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Biel... Some of the "bodies" that inspire me - or that I aspire to be like... I wish I could ask each of them a few questions, though. I know that in the business they're in, physical appearance is a huge part of being successful, and that in itself is an enormous motivator. But what I'd really like to know is what specifically motivates them personally to keep as fit and healthy as they appear to be. Do they really enjoy the daily workouts? Is it fun? Is it a means to an end? Or just a part of daily life?

For me, I think it's a combination - it's fun, sometimes, and it's a means to an end... and I've made it a part of my daily life. But sometimes I struggle to find motivation to keep it up. It gets easy to "cheat" and I think I allow myself a little too much wiggle room when I don't have a definite goal in mind. I need a deadline! Something tangible... Early on, it was the cruise to Cozumel. I had less than 6 months to get to the point where I was comfortable in a bathing suit in public. Then, I needed to find a great dress to wear to a wedding. Now, I know that summer is coming quickly, and I'd like to have to go buy another new swimsuit, preferably one without the cute little skirt thingy. I think, though, that what's lacking is the "by when". So, my friends, I believe some vacation planning is in order!

Maybe someday, I'll get a chance to ask Jennifer Garner or Jessica Biel my questions (If I can remember the English language at that moment), but until then, I'll just assume that they're like me - they might not really want to put down the book, or turn off the tv, or wake up early, but they do. Maybe like me, they just want to be the best possible version of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment