Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday!!


It's been a busy week, and I'm really excited that we don't have a show this weekend! Our schedule gets fairly frantic in September and October, so I'm going to enjoy my last weekend of relaxation for a while.


The last couple of days have been pretty good! I woke up yesterday morning and stretched and realized that my hamstrings felt like someone had beaten them with a crowbar! Sitting down isn't a problem, but trying to get out of a chair is a bit difficult. Now I know what those dead lifts are designed to do! Glutes are a bit sore today, but everything else feels okay!


I'm going to spend some quality time with the new man in my life this weekend - Tokio's Mom is out of town, so I'm going to be attempting to exercise him for her. It will be great for me to see if I can put together what we've been working on without my coach there to whisper "thumbs on top, carry your hands, sit on your pockets, shoulders back, chest up, more inside leg, make him look to the left (right), half halt, half halt..." :) See, I can do it!! KK is coming up on Saturday to do a photo shoot for us, so maybe we'll have some good shots to post.


I'm hoping to take Sabrah out to Lake Bryan this weekend with my friend Leslie for a lovely little jaunt. I ordered a neat book called "The Power of Positive Dog Training" and am looking forward to working with my pups, especially Sabrah, using the methods described in this book. We're hoping to start our agility classes in September provided that they mesh with my work schedule.


Off to finish up the afternoon here at work! Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do a little blogging this weekend; otherwise look for another looong post on Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment